During the 150 years from Franz to Alexander Schubert, the idea of singing has radically changed; Franz wrote songs for singers, Alexader works with artificial intelligence to produce vocal parts. The MIKAMO Central European Chamber Orchestra, established in Vienna, considers concerts a “Gesamtkunstwerk” and – while collaborating with living composers – promotes the 20th-Century Central European musical heritage and the part of the historical repertoire that shapes the music of the present. In this program, the ensemble explores the ever-changing relationship between instruments and singing through the lens of Enescu’s exotic last work, and three exciting new works of our time. In previous years, Márton Illés has been the recipient of international prizes and commissions; his compositions are performed worldwide. In 2021, Mirela Ivičević’s work will be featured for the second time at the Donaueschingen Festival, a sure sign of becoming a ’rockstar’ in contemporary music. Her works often use theatrical elements and texts that promote social engagement. Finally, the work by Virág Anna Virág, which won a prize in the chamber music category of Müpa’s 2020 composition competition, will receive its world premiere.
The concert is a co-production of Transparent Sound Festival and the Sonus Foundation, with support from the National Cooperation Fund.
Donation for communities in need!
Because of our wonderful partners and organizers, we are lucky enough to bring you all of our events in January for free! Likewise, you are lucky enough to be the owner of a screen which gives you access to this online space, where we are working during the pandemic. The current global situation makes the lives of those who are already struggling, even harder. That is why we are asking you to kindly send the money that you would normally spend on tickets for our events, instead to an organization working with people in need.
Further information of the organization: Kompánia Alapítvány
Details you will need for the payment:
IBAN: CIB Bank HU96 1070 0024 0448 1209 5110 0005
BIC (SWIFT) code: CIBHHUHB
- Ivan Buffa: Franz Schubert: Rosamunde – Entr‘acts Entr’act 1 (arranged) Premiere
- Abigél Varga: Franz Schubert: Rosamunde – Entr‘acts Entr’act 2 (arranged) Premiere
- Mathias Johannes Schmidhammer: Franz Schubert: Rosamunde – Entr‘acts Entr’act 3 (arranged) Premiere
- Mirela Ivičević: Baby Magnify / Lilth´s New Toy (2018)
- George Enescu: Symphonie de Chambre Op. 33
- Virág Anna Virág: Therapy of a Bipolar Bear (world premiere new piece from the Müpa composition competition) Premiere
- Márton Illés: Ljubljana drawings (world premiere, commissioned by the Sonus Foundation with the support of the Ernst von Siemens Music Foundation) Premiere
- Alexander Schubert: Hello (2014)
- MIKAMO Central European Chamber Orchestra
- Ajtony Csaba - conductor